Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Making The Most Out Of Plaid Prints

A favorite for the fall and winter season, the plaid gives you the kind of "lumber jack" look that you can only see in movies and music videos --- at least in the past. Nowadays, the plaid and flannel design has grown and evolved in such a way that it has moved from being a simple lumber smith shirt to a favorite contemporary fashion staple for both men and women. To tell you the truth, the plaid shirt has been one of my go-to styles whenever I like to have that neutral yet funky kind of look.

Whether I am looking for a laid back style or an aggressive, grunge - influenced kind of look, the plaid shirt has something in store for me that really makes me feel enthusiastic and excited to wear it.
Because they are versatile and can be worn in so many different ways, the flannel or the plaid shirt is something that I tap into when I feel like I am running out of ideas on what to wear during fall or winter. Whether worn as a standalone piece of clothing or one that is layered and used for covering more skin, the plaid shirt never fails to make me look good. Listed below are some of the recommendations that I have regarding the way I wear my plaid shirts --- I hope you can pickup a thing or two by reading them.

How I Wear My Plaid Shirts

Wear It With Denim Jeans
Sometimes, the most obvious and easiest answer the a problem is often the best solution. As for me, wearing my plaid shirt along with my denim jeans is the safest, best and surefire way to look good without going too overboard. Think about it : denim + plaid shirt? Now, I would have to say that there is no other combination in my Fall clothing rotation that is as easy to wear and as versatile as this one!
plaid shirt how to wear

Wear It With Skirts
Another strong favorite of mine is the skater skirt and plaid shirt combo. Skirts and flannels make a very nice combination, especially when you wear them in color combinations that complement and support each other. Whenever I want to feel warmer or hide more skin, I add some leggings or long black socks and then finish the look off with some nice pair of ankle boots.
howtowearaplaidshirt13

Use It As A Tie Around Your Waist
Not all plaid shirts are made equal, and some plaid shirts look good when tied around the waist too! The trick is to use a monotone or a neutral color such as black or white in order to make the plaid shirt print and colors pop out. The more noticeable the print is, the better it would look tied around your waist, such as this example below

howtowearaplaidshirt1

If you are looking for a very nice plaid flannel shirt to add to your Fall and Winter clothing collection, check out this Fringe Plaid Shirt from 11am (http://en.11am.co.kr) and see if this design tickles your fancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment